Mouth Cancer Foundation, Mouth Cancer Awareness

donate online

Return to main web site (leave the Online Support Group)   |   To support the Mouth Cancer Foundation, you can now make online donations!
    The Mouth Cancer Foundation Online Support Group    Mouth Cancer Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Members Forums  Hop To Forums  Introduce Yourself    Looking for any help or input for a friend
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for any help or input for a friend
 Login/Join 
posted
Hello. I'm posting as a caregiver/close friend to a cancer survivor. I've been through one round of diagnosis/treatment with him, and that was his second round. Now he is facing a third dance with the cancer. Damn this thing called Cancer! I know, that's revelational. Smiler

My questions pertain to his current health, and unanswered issues. Brief (or I'll try to be brief) summary:
First cancer: skin cancer on the side of face/nose area, which bore down through his jaw or roof of mouth into the mouth cavity. was successfully removed and treated, this was probably 3-4 years ago.
Second cancer: nasal cavity cancer, still squamous cell carcinoma, but in the back sinus cavity, in a pretty rare place. Did not spread (that they know of), was successfully treated with two different rounds of radiation only. Surgery was too dangerous in that location, possible loss of sight, and chemo was not desired so was not taken. This was about a year and a half ago.

Current cancer: tumor in the lower jaw area, inside of jaw, not in mouth. But, he has had other mouth cavity problems, previous bleeding, possible lesions, whatever. But currently MRI/CT scans show only isolated tumor inside the jaw, not in bone. Treatment has not been discussed or decided.

He suffers from A LOT of nausea and vomiting, and he has major bouts of continuous vomiting, to the point of blood coming up, which has been attributed to the stress on the esophagus from all the vomiting. He has NOT begun any treatment, yet no where online can I find any information relating acute vomiting/nausea to any type of oral cancer. Some research says, maybe stomach or intestinal cancer could be causing such symptoms, but if his scans are clear, is that likely? Or is it likely that he is not getting a very good diagnosis? Has anyone else on here had any similar experiences? He suffered with these same symptoms when in the early stages of his last cancer (nasal cavity), before treatment. I feel like, it surely must be somehow related, but I cannot find anything online, and his Drs never seem to be concerned with these very concerning symptoms!! By acute, I mean he can't stop it once it gets started sometimes, last night went to hospital because of the blood, but was only treated for dehydration. Granted, this friend has no health insurance either, and his medicaid was recently revoked, so he cannot seem to get treated for the overall picture! This is why he is currently on hold with treating this tumor, waiting for some funding.

Does anyone have any input at all? Anything that might be a place to look, something to bring up with the next doctor, anything that might shed some light on this? He continues to suffer a lot, and I'm worried very much that there is something not being looked at....and if overlooked, it might be too late.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read. This seems like a phenomenal forum, and I plan on using it now that I've found it!

Kristy

Posts: 2 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: 06 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post