Mouth Cancer Foundation, Mouth Cancer Awareness

donate online

Return to main web site (leave the Online Support Group)   |   To support the Mouth Cancer Foundation, you can now make online donations!
    The Mouth Cancer Foundation Online Support Group    Mouth Cancer Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Members Forums  Hop To Forums  General Chat    Scaling of teeth after reconstruction of Tongue
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scaling of teeth after reconstruction of Tongue
 Login/Join 
posted
I am a oral caner survivor with reconstructed tongue (Half of the tongue) Now I have an infection and swelling in my gums of left upper jaw (inside)with little bit of bleeding and very little bit of pus discharge while brushing for the last four days. The doc suggested me to take Ciprofloxin 500mg with Tinidazole 600mg Twice daily for 5 days and then she will see and probably she will do "Scaling of my teeth". Is there any danger of Scaling as I have reconstructed tongue ?

Posts: 13 | Location: INDIA | Registered: 18 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh dear, this is a bit late eh... I would like to hear back from you about this. I had a deep-clean descaling before my surgery (which included a graft to the tongue), and I have been advised that it is important after a graft, for at least 2 years, not to have any sort of dental treatment that could impede the blood flow: so, no adrenalin-based injections, for example. There are non-adrenalin injections available, they work perfectly well but don't last so long.

I do hope this has not caused you any bone issues.

Posts: 83 | Location: Montpellier France | Registered: 17 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post