Mouth Cancer Foundation, Mouth Cancer Awareness

donate online

Return to main web site (leave the Online Support Group)   |   To support the Mouth Cancer Foundation, you can now make online donations!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toothpaste
 Login/Join 
Picture of Christopher Swiss
posted
One of the problems I still have, after 15 months from the radiation is tooth care. I used baking soda at first, and then found that in Europe a tootpaste by Vademecum called Homeophytol didn't burn and was good. It is french and german made. Any tooth paste with mint Yikes, wasn't fun. I found that homeopathic tootpaste was good, but sans mint.

Posts: 48 | Location: Geneva, Switzerland | Registered: 11 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Chris, I use Biotene dry mouth toothpaste, the gel type. Have used it during and since radio. It is recommende by Guy's dental unit in London. Barely any flavour non-abrasive and good for lack of saliva.
Sue

Posts: 208 | Location: Bexley, Kent | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vicki Lynn
posted Hide Post
I too used Biotine, It was the best, kind of pricey but what can you do..

Posts: 608 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ron in L.A.
posted Hide Post
One more vote for Biotene. Plus frequent trips to the dentist, and nightly (most of the time) mouth trays with fluoride.

Posts: 179 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: 14 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had awful problems with Dry Mouth since completing treatment for base of tongue cancer in July 2010. Constant drinking, gels, sprays and synthetic saliva’ 24/7/ became unbearable. I found in the US a Colonel Richard Niemtzow who discovered, developed and still practices his Dry Mouth treatment in Maryland.USA. He also created battlefield acupuncture and is the world renowned authority on these treatments.

I exhausted places in the UK to be treated with his protocol. so visited him July 9th, 2011 and within the first of only two sessions was able to produce saliva again. No more gels, sprays and synthetic saliva since this date and unbroken sleep since.

I was profoundly affected at the results of the treatment so started in the UK The Dry Mouth Foundation. www.drymouthfoundation.org. but you could visit the colonel via his website www.n5ev.com

Let me know how you get on.

Terry Gannon.
Dry Mouth Foundation.

Posts: 73 | Location: London, Essex, Kent, Herts, Surrey, Suffolk | Registered: 14 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post