Mouth Cancer Foundation, Mouth Cancer Awareness

donate online

Return to main web site (leave the Online Support Group)   |   To support the Mouth Cancer Foundation, you can now make online donations!
    The Mouth Cancer Foundation Online Support Group    Mouth Cancer Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Members Forums  Hop To Forums  Questions & Answers    A sudden black spot in the cheek inside (inside mouth)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A sudden black spot in the cheek inside (inside mouth)
 Login/Join 
posted
Hi
I am really worried after suddenly discovering a black spot... it looks something like a mole.its black in color. it doesn't pain at all and its not getting lumpy or anything but i am really worried.. i am only 23 yrs old i hope its not any kind of cancer. i noticed this tonight.. it wasnt there last night because i checked it myself last night before going to sleep. but i have to add that for the past 2-3 days i had minor tooth ache the wisdom tooth end part but tonigth i suddenly seeing this black spot a little above... its on the lower left side of the inside cheek. please reply soon... i'll be waiting for the reply... i am extremely tensed.

Posts: 2 | Location: colombo | Registered: 01 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Julia
posted Hide Post
Hi Nabee

Since you've had a tooth ache for the past few days, the best first step would be a visit to the dentist. Could you have bitten the inside of your cheek?

Please let us know what happens.

Julia

Howdilly doodilly, survivorinos!

Posts: 984 | Location: Hollywood on the Huron | Registered: 15 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much soooo so much Julia for replying. I had a little tooth ache for 2 consecutive days but now its much better. I cant understand what the black spot is all about.. i feel no pain there... i doubt i've bitten there but i cant be sure of it. its a prominent round shaped black spot. if anyone can tell me... if its some sort of blood blister or something else? Or can it be due to having very hot or cold food or coffee? at times i feel my teeth is sensitive to very cold or hot food so i normally avoid having such food but today early morning i had a very hot cup of coffee. do you think it got to do with some dental problem? i am worried of melanoma. is it a sign of cancer? i am only 23.

an additional info, i've never smoked i am a non-smoker, i dont drink alcohol, i dont wear braces.. i am really tensed what can cause this. i'll go to my family doctor tomorrow.. i really hope its nothing serious. i will also try to take an appointment of a dentist. i have my university mid-term exams day after tomorrow and i just cant concentrate on anything now i am really worried. thanks again dear for replying.

i'll really be grateful if more members of this forum can provide some suggestions and helps and their insights on this matter.

Posts: 2 | Location: colombo | Registered: 01 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mimi McC
posted Hide Post
Hi Nabee,

It may be just an amalgam tattoo. I have several which have nothing to do with the tonsil cancer I've had treated and survived.

Amalgam Tattoo

You can go to google images to view all sorts of amalgam tattoos.

Amalgam tattoo pictures

Let us know what the doc says!

Mimi

Posts: 594 | Location: Sacramento, California | Registered: 16 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, Are there any udpates regarding the black spot inside the cheeck? I noticed one this morning and another new spot the same day in the afternoon. Going to the dentist tomorrow but was wondering what happened? Thank you!

Posts: 1 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 07 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dr Vinod K Joshi
posted Hide Post
Hello panicking

It could be a blood blister caused by cheek biting, why don't you post a photo of it?

Let us know what you dentist says.

Best wishes
Vinod Coffee

Disclaimer: Please see your own dentist/doctor for a proper diagnosis as my words should not, in any circumstances, be taken as dental/medical advice.

"If you see what is small as it sees itself, and accept what is weak for what strength it has, and use what is dim for the light it gives, then all will go well. This is called Acting Naturally."
Lao-Tsu, Tao Teh King

Posts: 3907 | Location: St Luke's Hospital, Bradford and Pinderfields Hospital, Wakefield | Registered: 14 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post