Mouth Cancer Foundation, Mouth Cancer Awareness

donate online

Return to main web site (leave the Online Support Group)   |   To support the Mouth Cancer Foundation, you can now make online donations!
    The Mouth Cancer Foundation Online Support Group    Mouth Cancer Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Members Forums  Hop To Forums  Questions & Answers    Hard bone like lump in lower jaw
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hard bone like lump in lower jaw
 Login/Join 
posted
I am a 25 year old male and I have a hard lump in my lower just just under my back molars on the left hand side. It almost feels bonbey in consistency. It can't be felt inside my mouth and I can only feel it on the outside of my mouth by touching my face. Just above my lower jawbone. My bottom wisdom teeth are unerputed and I wonder if it could be something to do with this? as it appears to be directly below my back molar and the location where my wisdom tooth should have erupted.

It is as far as I can feel about 4-7mm in diameter, it is movable - I can press on it and move it and it often becomes slightly painful for a few hours If I move it about for too long. I noticed it a few months ago and since then it doesn't seem to have grown, but also it hasn't gone away or shrunk. There is nothing visible inside my mouth at all and the only way I know it's there is by feeling my lower jaw bone from the outside by touching my face. I'm really worried it could be something more serious and I wonder if anyone would be able to give me some advice about what this might be?

Thanks

Posts: 1 | Location: Edinburgh | Registered: 26 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cookey
posted Hide Post
Theres only one piece of advice to give you paul,and that is if you are worried go to a doctor.That is the only person who can answeryour question.

good luck
liz

Love liz

Never take your eye off the ball it may just smack you in the mouth

Posts: 673 | Location: Wetherby west yorks | Registered: 19 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How you doing with your lump now? Is it better now? Please do write about it as it helps a lot of people to understand. I hope everything is fine with you.

Posts: 4 | Location: canada | Registered: 28 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you go for ESR test or CT scan to find out more about this lump? My 2 year old son has the same kind of lump at the same spot you do. I discovered it 10 days ago and it is 1cm in diameter. So you are not alone and there are so many people who have these kind of lumps for various reasons but keep on informing us about the progress and i will do the same.

Posts: 4 | Location: canada | Registered: 28 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dr Vinod K Joshi
posted Hide Post
Hello PaulG

It is not possible to make a diagnosis over the Internet. You might need to see both your doctor and also your dentist (to exclude any long standing chronic dental infection) for a proper diasgnosis. Do let us know what they say.

Best wishes
Vinod Coffee

Disclaimer: Please see your own dentist/doctor for a proper diagnosis as my words should not, in any circumstances, be taken as dental/medical advice.

"If you see what is small as it sees itself, and accept what is weak for what strength it has, and use what is dim for the light it gives, then all will go well. This is called Acting Naturally."
Lao-Tsu, Tao Teh King

Posts: 3910 | Location: St Luke's Hospital, Bradford and Pinderfields Hospital, Wakefield | Registered: 14 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post