Mouth Cancer Foundation, Mouth Cancer Awareness

donate online

Return to main web site (leave the Online Support Group)   |   To support the Mouth Cancer Foundation, you can now make online donations!
    The Mouth Cancer Foundation Online Support Group    Mouth Cancer Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Members Forums  Hop To Forums  Technical Help    Mouth tumour removed now hole in from mouth to nasal passage.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mouth tumour removed now hole in from mouth to nasal passage.
 Login/Join 
posted
Hello, my wife is in India who recently had a tumour removed from the roof of her mouth. The opperation was done by a local surgeon. She now has a hole in the roof of her mouthgoing from the roof of her mouth into her nasal passage. When she drinks liquid goes from her mouth to the nasal passage. It is very difficult for her to drink and has not taken any solid food as this also goes into her nasal passage. Is plastic sugery recommended in a case like this or does one have to live with this condition. Many thanks for any advice.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rowland Orr,

Posts: 3 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hagg, thankyou very much for your reply. it really helps. I did not know where to turn too and and I was not sure if reconstruction was even possible. To hear that you went through all that and all has been a sucess is really encouraging. Now we just have to search for the right doctor. Many thanks, Rowland

Posts: 3 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hagg, one other thought. Before you had the reconstructive surgery how did you eat food and drink etc. And from the time the time of the removal surgery to the reconstruction di much time elapse. Many thanks again, Rowland

posted Hide Post
Hi Rowland. I had an obturator but hated it and only used it for eating. I had the problem of fluids coming out of my nose though. I got offered reconstruction fairly early on, cant remember exactly, it was a long time ago, but refused because I'd had enough of hospitals and surgery but in the end I caved in and had it done. Very glad I did now. I still have a small hole in the roof of my mouth where it didn't take but its not really even noticeable.

Hagg.

19 years and still kicking it. Never give up your fight.

Posts: 1358 | Location: Devon,UK | Registered: 27 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post