Mouth Cancer Foundation, Mouth Cancer Awareness

donate online

Return to main web site (leave the Online Support Group)   |   To support the Mouth Cancer Foundation, you can now make online donations!
    The Mouth Cancer Foundation Online Support Group    Mouth Cancer Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Members Forums  Hop To Forums  Technical Help    Lump behind uvula on throat wall
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lump behind uvula on throat wall
 Login/Join 
posted
I have a long, hard lump on the throat wall behind the uvula just to the left. It feels like a bony protrusion but from what I understand that is not apart of the normal anatomy of the throat. I've been trying not to think too much of it after seeing my family doctor and ENT and being told by both that there was absolutely nothing abnormal.(the "it's all in your head" response), which seems to be the reaction I get about most medical concerns. Perhaps it's my presentation or overall nervous approach. My health has been in serious decline over the last year and a half so I have many concerns that I have presented to a few different doctors, which I understand is very overwhelming for a doctor to take on, what seems to be ignored is how overwhelming it must be for a patient. Because Ive raised many concerns and have started to present all of my symptoms that began over a year ago, even the likely trivial and unrelated things I believe I've been written off as a hypocondriact. Anyways, as I said u was trying not to worry but recently my tonsils became very sore and slightly swollen for about 4 days and then went away.(negative for strep and mono), yesterday the pain came back full gorse but this time it's more focused in the area of the lump, it's very painful to swallow and I feel as though the shape of the lump is slightly changed and the soft tissue over the lump is swollen and irritated. Ive been ecperiencing referred ear pain, facial pain, headaches, eye pain and pain in the roof of my mouth. These are probably the most related symptoms I'm currently experiencing.
Has anyone heard of this before or have any idea what might be causing a hard lump in this area. I'd appreciate any advise

Posts: 4 | Location: ? | Registered: 18 December 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post