Mouth Cancer Foundation, Mouth Cancer Awareness

donate online

Return to main web site (leave the Online Support Group)   |   To support the Mouth Cancer Foundation, you can now make online donations!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quick Starting Tips
 Login/Join 
Picture of Krishan
posted
Soapbox Okay, if you've signed up with Groupee and you're now using the Groupee login details (email address and password) to access this message board account... well done! Smiler

If you were an existing user, you should have been asked to associate your new Groupee account with your existing message board profile. If you did that, great! Big Grin

Now, the main drop down menu buttons at the top are 'Go' (to view your profile, members directory and all the forums), 'New' (to create new postings, polls, private messages), 'Find' (to search the entire forum), 'Notify' (to alert you via email to any new postings) and 'Tools' (to add to favourites, view printer friendly, email a friend and look up the HELP manual - choose UBB.x as the topic to learn how to use this UBB.x message board).

Any questions, tips, guidance notes you wish to put forward... please use this forum! Help

All the best, Krishan Geek

Trustee & Webmaster
webmaster@mouthcancerfoundation.org
http://www.mouthcancerfoundation.org

Posts: 262 | Location: Surrey | Registered: 13 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dr Vinod K Joshi
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Krishan. It wasn't easy, was it Wink.
I am sure that after a few unsure steps, we will get the hang of where everything is - like moving to a new neighbourhood but with all your friends Big Grin

Best wishes
Vinod (where's my mug of coffee!) Coffee Lol

Disclaimer: Please see your own dentist/doctor for a proper diagnosis as my words should not, in any circumstances, be taken as dental/medical advice.

"If you see what is small as it sees itself, and accept what is weak for what strength it has, and use what is dim for the light it gives, then all will go well. This is called Acting Naturally."
Lao-Tsu, Tao Teh King

Posts: 4004 | Location: St Luke's Hospital, Bradford and Pinderfields Hospital, Wakefield | Registered: 14 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well done Krishan....no problems at all.

Rosemary

Posts: 92 | Location: Fife Scotland | Registered: 22 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vicki Lynn
posted Hide Post
Easy as pie,,,Vicki Lynn

Posts: 608 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul aka PaluchiePatelGoldsmifHeirsing
posted Hide Post
well done Krishan
Very easy to follow
paul

Posts: 925 | Location: London England | Registered: 06 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dr Vinod K Joshi
posted Hide Post
I have found that if you click on the Find button, the drop-down menu allows you to see the posts that are "New Since your Last Visit". You might find this new feature useful Smiler.

Best wishes
Vinod (trying to learn new tricks Thinking)

Disclaimer: Please see your own dentist/doctor for a proper diagnosis as my words should not, in any circumstances, be taken as dental/medical advice.

"If you see what is small as it sees itself, and accept what is weak for what strength it has, and use what is dim for the light it gives, then all will go well. This is called Acting Naturally."
Lao-Tsu, Tao Teh King

Posts: 4004 | Location: St Luke's Hospital, Bradford and Pinderfields Hospital, Wakefield | Registered: 14 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krishan
posted Hide Post
Good to see everyone... hope we all make it over! Geek

All the avatars (profile photos/images) didn't transfer over so I've had to manually update profiles. If your avatar is not showing, go and edit your profile.

On menu 'Go' > 'My Space' > 'Profile' > 'View/Edit Complete Profile'

Or click this link

There you can choose your Avatar from nearly 200 images or you can customise your Avatar by entering a URL (web address) of the image you want to show.

Any problems, let me know.

Krish Blockhead

Trustee & Webmaster

Posts: 262 | Location: Surrey | Registered: 13 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Krishan, Where is your Picture Sigh

Can yuo tell me where mines gone? Smiler

Paul

PS Have they got Trams back in Bradford I think I heard that they were?

Posts: 925 | Location: London England | Registered: 06 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krishan
posted Hide Post
Hi Paul

Can you not see your photo next to your messages? Can you see Vicki and Pauline's photos? How about Dr Joshis?

Mine is still the drawing of a mug... can you see that? Try 'force' refreshing your browser by pressing F5 if you can't. Confused

Yeah I think they do have trams in Bradford but I hardly go there. I'm usually just in Wakefield! Geek

Krishan Big Grin

Trustee & Webmaster

Picture of Krishan
posted Hide Post
i'm as confused as everyone else about this new board... Confused

Trustee & Webmaster

posted Hide Post
Krishen, Help I keep getting an error notice or that it can't
find your web site. How do I stop it.
Cathy

Cathy

Posts: 261 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krishan
posted Hide Post
Hi Cat

We recently transfered hosting providers and there was a problem during the transfer. you could access the site via http://rdoc.org.uk but not http://www.rdoc.org.uk - long story!

Anyway, hopefully both addresses work now or will over the next 24 hours.

Sorry for any inconvenience, been stressed out about it too! Banghead

All the best, Krishan

Trustee & Webmaster

posted Hide Post
Hi Kreshan, Thanks and things seem to be working
just fine now. I'm getting used to the new site.
Three of my sites changed and boy was it hard at first. I don't mind the change but all at once! Sigh

Cathy

Posts: 261 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Krishan, How do we send private messages now?

Paul

Picture of Krishan
posted Hide Post
Hi Paul

Got your 2 photos via email - will update shortly.

To private message, there are 3 main ways.

1. See my name on the left of my message (next to the avatar - coffee cup icon)? Click on that and a pop up menu appears. Select "Invite Krishan to a Private Topic" if you want to private message me. Same for other members.

2. On the top menu, see "NEW". Click that and select from the drop down menu, "Private Message". You'll then be able to choose who you want in your private topic (you can now have more than 1 person in your private discussion).

3. On the top menu, see "GO". Click on "Go > My Space > Private Messaging" on the drop down menu and side menu that appears. This is the main "private messaging" control panel and you can see all your open private discussions here. So if you wish to add a reply to an existing private topic, go to this page.

Hope this helps! Krishan

p.s. you need to be logged in to do all that.

Trustee & Webmaster