Mouth Cancer Foundation, Mouth Cancer Awareness

donate online

Return to main web site (leave the Online Support Group)   |   To support the Mouth Cancer Foundation, you can now make online donations!
    The Mouth Cancer Foundation Online Support Group    Mouth Cancer Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Members Forums  Hop To Forums  Technical Help    Private messaging -Krishan
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Private messaging -Krishan
 Login/Join 
posted
Please could you give instructions on how to send private messages for the benefit of some of our newer members, I know of at least one person who would like to know but I'm not sure I am the best person to direct her on this one.
Many thanks
Sue

Posts: 208 | Location: Bexley, Kent | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krishan
posted Hide Post
Hi Sue
Okay, here goes:
You have to be a registered member to be able to post messages including private messages (which are only visible between the sender and receiver)

To send a private message, there are many ways to do this, here are 3:

1.) Go to the main menu at the top and click on the "New" button, which brings up a drop down list, click on "Private Message" and from there you will be able to message any of your contacts (you can add contacts easily if you know their displayed names)
2.) If you see a user's post like Sue's above, click on the name "Sue Platt" next to the post and if you're logged in then you'll see "Invite Sue Platt to a Private Topic" which creates a new private message conversation.
3.) You can click on the main menu "Go" button and then a drop down menu will appear where you click on "Personal Zone" and then "Private Messaging".

I hope this helps.
Krishan

Trustee & Webmaster
webmaster@mouthcancerfoundation.org
http://www.mouthcancerfoundation.org

Posts: 262 | Location: Surrey | Registered: 13 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post