Mouth Cancer Foundation, Mouth Cancer Awareness

donate online

Return to main web site (leave the Online Support Group)   |   To support the Mouth Cancer Foundation, you can now make online donations!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Website Access Problem
 Login/Join 
Picture of David and Susan
posted
Hi krishan

I have a slight problem,can not get access through the www.rdoc.org.uk web address or site

Can only get access through the private messages i recieved and then through to the forums

Could you advise
I wonder if others are having trouble and may be unable to post

Thanks Dave and Sue

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dr Vinod K Joshi,

Posts: 518 | Location: Co Durham | Registered: 14 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cookey
posted Hide Post
wondered where you had got to.
Missed you both

liz

Love liz

Never take your eye off the ball it may just smack you in the mouth

Posts: 673 | Location: Wetherby west yorks | Registered: 19 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dr Vinod K Joshi
posted Hide Post
Sorry about that. Apparently the MCF website homepage URL has been down since last night, so access through that page and its links to the message board was not possible. But the other page links (if you know them) work e.g. http://www.rdoc.org.uk/fundraising.html I am waiting for Krishan to sort out this glitch but Thinking he is somewhere in Norway!

The direct link to this message board is http://chat.mouthcancerfoundation.org So bookmark it!

Best wishes
Vinod Coffee

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dr Vinod K Joshi,

Disclaimer: Please see your own dentist/doctor for a proper diagnosis as my words should not, in any circumstances, be taken as dental/medical advice.

"If you see what is small as it sees itself, and accept what is weak for what strength it has, and use what is dim for the light it gives, then all will go well. This is called Acting Naturally."
Lao-Tsu, Tao Teh King

Posts: 4004 | Location: St Luke's Hospital, Bradford and Pinderfields Hospital, Wakefield | Registered: 14 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear All

We initially thought that it was a temporary "Sunday" issue. But Krishan Geek has just looked again and thought it might be a hack and it was. Extra scripting was written in the code which may have been activated on PCs but not on Macs. The home page has been re-loaded, so it should work now - clear your cache.

Let me know if there is anything suspicious on any pages - please notify us if there is anything dodgy about the website in future as macs and pcs are affected differently (as well as different browsers).

Best wishes
Vinod Coffee

Disclaimer: Please see your own dentist/doctor for a proper diagnosis as my words should not, in any circumstances, be taken as dental/medical advice.

"If you see what is small as it sees itself, and accept what is weak for what strength it has, and use what is dim for the light it gives, then all will go well. This is called Acting Naturally."
Lao-Tsu, Tao Teh King

Posts: 4004 | Location: St Luke's Hospital, Bradford and Pinderfields Hospital, Wakefield | Registered: 14 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
from our hosting company:
quote:
A security breach ..(was).. detected over the weekend on the server where your community site is hosted. All issues related to the breach have been resolved.

While we cannot release the specifics of this breach, please be assured that the attackers were unable to access any message board data and that no significant damage was done. Our engineers are currently investigating the source of the breach, and what can be done to prevent it in the future. While most of you were likely unaware of the issue, we wanted to inform all customers on this server.

We will be doing some software upgrades to the server to prevent future issues from occurring. You will see some intermittent outages today, while upgrade and restart some of the software that operates the server.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Lao-Tsu, Tao Teh King