Mouth Cancer Foundation, Mouth Cancer Awareness

donate online

Return to main web site (leave the Online Support Group)   |   To support the Mouth Cancer Foundation, you can now make online donations!
    The Mouth Cancer Foundation Online Support Group    Mouth Cancer Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Members Forums  Hop To Forums  Technical Help    Can't all the "marketing" be stopped?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can't all the "marketing" be stopped?
 Login/Join 
Picture of Julia
posted
I love the site, but lately it seems we've been inundated with adverts for (among other things) cheap shoes, knock-off perfume, and jewelry of dubious quality. Now we've got folks trying to get us to download movies (most likely) illegally. Whoever they are, wherever they are, they're making our beloved site look like "wannabEbay". It's annoying and embarrassing.

Can't they be stopped?

Thanks.

Julia

Howdilly doodilly, survivorinos!

Posts: 1035 | Location: Hollywood on the Huron | Registered: 15 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I agree Julia. It's getting a bit ridiculous now.

Hagg.

20 years and still kicking it. Never give up your fight.

Posts: 1360 | Location: Devon,UK | Registered: 27 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It loks like that littlerosie but have faith in the moderators. They will sort it out.

Hagg.

Posts: 1360 | Location: Devon,UK | Registered: 27 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Julia
posted Hide Post
Hey guys! Don't know if it'll do any good, but I sent an email to the webmaster yesterday.

Posts: 1035 | Location: Hollywood on the Huron | Registered: 15 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These wretched promotion things are WAY over the top - too many of them in a very short time. They probably won't even go away if they are totally ignored.

Posts: 427 | Location: Winchester, UK | Registered: 02 December 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not having a lot of faith in the moderators or the webmaster.

Site is spammed.

I have seen too many good sites go down from this.

Life is a bitch and then you die.

Posts: 387 | Location: moon | Registered: 07 January 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. Come on MODERATORS, SORT IT OUT PLEASE.

Hagg.

Picture of Dr Vinod K Joshi
posted Hide Post
Hi All
Drop me a message for swifter action if the site is being spammed.
Thanks, Vinod

Disclaimer: Please see your own dentist/doctor for a proper diagnosis as my words should not, in any circumstances, be taken as dental/medical advice.

"If you see what is small as it sees itself, and accept what is weak for what strength it has, and use what is dim for the light it gives, then all will go well. This is called Acting Naturally."
Lao-Tsu, Tao Teh King

Posts: 4004 | Location: St Luke's Hospital, Bradford and Pinderfields Hospital, Wakefield | Registered: 14 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Vinod,

I hope all is going well with you and your family.

Hagg.

Picture of Dr Vinod K Joshi
posted Hide Post
Hello Hagg

All's well. Took mum out for Mother's day. Otherwise been busy with academic chores in my new job: setting exam questions, project supervision, meetings, workshops, and so on!

Keep well,
Vinod

Disclaimer: Please see your own dentist/doctor for a proper diagnosis as my words should not, in any circumstances, be taken as dental/medical advice.

"If you see what is small as it sees itself, and accept what is weak for what strength it has, and use what is dim for the light it gives, then all will go well. This is called Acting Naturally."
Lao-Tsu, Tao Teh King

Posts: 4004 | Location: St Luke's Hospital, Bradford and Pinderfields Hospital, Wakefield | Registered: 14 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know where you get the time and energy from Vinod. Glad all is well though.

Hagg.

posted Hide Post
Its am improvement but it still continues!

Life is a bitch and then you die.

Posts: 387 | Location: moon | Registered: 07 January 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Julia
posted Hide Post
These bow-legged sons of mothers who've been hijacking the site lately have just gone TOO FAR. Some whelp by the name of efronja posted an 'upload this movie' message on a thread started by mom of two boys' brother.

Isn't there some way we can get rid of these [expletives deleted]?

posted Hide Post
I couldn't agree more Julia. That is the lowest of the low.

Posts: 427 | Location: Winchester, UK | Registered: 02 December 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fran
posted Hide Post
I also agree, couldn't believe it when I came back on site after a few months away. We all worked so hard to get this Forum to what it was. Where are all all these people coming from ? They are the lowest of the low. I would say to them, go peddle your wares somewhere else, not on a site for Oral Cancer sufferers. Fran

Posts: 310 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 15 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post