Mouth Cancer Foundation, Mouth Cancer Awareness

donate online

Return to main web site (leave the Online Support Group)   |   To support the Mouth Cancer Foundation, you can now make online donations!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Novice here again!
 Login/Join 
posted
Please can you tell me how to get smiley and other little icons in my messages?
Thanks

Posts: 208 | Location: Bexley, Kent | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Spencer
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon Sue,
when you select the message window there is a series of blue blocks towards the top,at the left hand end is a yellow smiley. Click on this and you open the icon box,clicking on any icon will insert it at the point you have reached in the text.
Keep Smiling Razzer
John

Posts: 570 | Location: Mirfield,West Yorks. | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you John, I'm trying it but keep getting - Smiler Help Blockhead Smiler ????? No pictures!

Posts: 208 | Location: Bexley, Kent | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh I see they appear as pictures when you send the message, not as you're typing it!
Thanks
Big Grin

Picture of Krishan
posted Hide Post
yay! Geek

Sue, when you type them, they look like usual keyboard characters. But once you submit your message, the board will convert the combination of characters into smiley faces on the actual postings.

Trustee & Webmaster
webmaster@mouthcancerfoundation.org
http://www.mouthcancerfoundation.org

Posts: 262 | Location: Surrey | Registered: 13 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks boys I've got it now! Big Grin Eeker Banghead

posted Hide Post
Just playing this is fun!

Picture of garance
posted Hide Post
SoapboxHey Sue, you may like to send your emails with a back ground, I sent chicken soup to a friend, and ballons on a birthday, let me know and will send you a sample if I get your email address. BIG HEALING HUGS

Posts: 483 | Location: London | Registered: 20 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Garance, I've sent you a private message. Hope you get it!